Early Signs of Heart Disease And Monitoring At Home.
Recognising the early signs of heart disease will save your life. They include;
- Swelling in your feet and lower legs. Swelling in feet and lower legs: What it may be telling you: Your heart isn’t working properly. Many diseases of the heart cause fluid to build up in your feet and lower legs. As the fluid builds up, you may see swelling, which can extend as far as the upper legs and groin. Medical name:
Edema (medical term for swelling)
- Blue or purple color on your skin What it may be telling you: You have a blockage in a blood vessel.
- Blue toe syndrome. When you’re extremely cold, your skin can turn blue (or purple). If an area of your skin is blue (or purple) when you’re warm, that’s can be a sign your blood isn’t getting enough oxygen. The patient in this photo has a condition known as blue toe syndrome, which happens when one or more blood vessels are blocked. Without treatment, the lack of oxygen can cause the skin and underlying tissue to eventually die. Medical name: Cyanosis (refers to the bluish color on the skin) Blue or purple net-like pattern on your skin. What it may be telling you: You have a blocked artery.
- Blue net-like pattern on arm. Some people see this pattern on their skin when they feel chilly. When their skin warms up, this pattern disappears. It’s also possible to see this pattern when taking certain medications. If one of these is causing the netlike pattern, it’s usually nothing to worry about. This netlike pattern can also be a sign of a disease called cholesterol embolization syndrome, which occurs when small arteries become blocked. The blockage can lead to damaged tissues and organs, so it’s important to see a doctor to find out whether you have an undiagnosed disease. Medical name: Livedo reticularis (medical term for the net-like pattern)
Yellowish-orange, waxy growths on your skin. What it may be telling you: You have unhealthy cholesterol levels.
- Waxy growths on eyelids If you see yellowish-orange growths on your skin, you may have deposits of cholesterol under your skin. These painless deposits can appear in many areas, including the corners of your eyes, lines on your palms, or the backs of your lower legs. If you notice these growths on any area of your skin, see your doctor. You may need cholesterol testing or another medical test.
Unhealthy cholesterol levels require treatment, which can prevent life-threatening heart disease. Getting your cholesterol levels under control may also help clear the growths on your skin. If the growths don’t clear, a board-certified dermatologist can treat them. Medical name: Xanthelasma (cholesterol deposits on the eyelids), Xanthoma (cholesterol deposit found elsewhere on the skin) Clusters of waxy bumps that suddenly appear on your skin. What it may be telling you: You have skyrocketing cholesterol levels or diabetes.
- Eruptive xanthomatosis bumps can often look like pimples. The sudden appearance of these bumps can look like a rash, warts, or a contagious skin condition called molluscum contagiosum.
These bumps are actually fatty deposits of cholesterol caused by extremely high levels of triglycerides (type of cholesterol) in the blood. Treatment is essential to lower the triglycerides and treat any serious medical conditions, such as heart disease caused by the high cholesterol levels. Medical name: Eruptive xanthoma (refers to the sudden appearance of many fatty deposits of cholesterol)
- Nails curve downward and the ends of your fingers are swollen. Clubbing causes nails to curve down
What it may be telling you: You may have a heart infection, heart disease, or lung problem. For many people, these signs are harmless. That said, if your fingers and nails look like this, it’s best to find out if you may have a medical condition, such as lung disease or a heart problem. Medical name: Clubbing (term describes the downward turned nails and swollen fingers)
- Red or purple lines under your nails. What it may be telling you: Most people who see these lines under their nails have injured the nail in some way. If you cannot remember injuring your nail, you may want to see your doctor. These lines can be a sign of heart disease or another condition. When it’s a sign of heart disease, people tend to have symptoms, such as high fever and a weak or irregular heartbeat. Medical name: Splinter hemorrhage (line often looks like a splinter stuck under the nail).
- Smooth, waxy lumps on your skin. Nodules of systemic amyloidosis on fingers. What it may be telling you: You have protein deposits in your heart or another organ.
These waxy lumps can appear anywhere on the skin. They often indicate that there’s an abnormal buildup of protein in an organ, such as your heart. If protein builds up in the heart, it’s hard for the heart to work properly. Medical name: Nodules of systemic amyloidosis (“nodule” means lump and amyloidosis refers to the type of protein that has built up)
- Painful lumps on toes are called Osler nodes. What it may be telling you: You have an infection in your heart or blood vessels. If you have a heart infection known as infective endocarditis, these painful lumps can develop in your fingers, toes, or both places. The lumps can last for a few hours to several days. While the lumps go away on their own, patients need treatment for the infection. Because this infection is caused by bacteria, antibiotics can often treat it. Sometimes, surgery is also necessary. Medical name: Osler nodes. A doctor named Osler discovered the connection between a patient having these lumps, which are now called Osler nodes, and a heart infection.
- Brownish (or reddish) discoloration, usually on your sole(s) or palm(s)
Brown discolorations on bottom of foot are Janeway lesions. What it may be telling you: You have an infection in your heart or blood vessel. The spots that developed on the bottom of this patient’s foot are also a sign of a heart infection called infective endocarditis. Unlike Osler nodules, these spots are painless. These spots will clear without treatment, usually in a few days or weeks. The infection requires treatment. Medical name: Janeway lesions, which are named after an American doctor, Theodore Caldwell Janeway.
Non-itchy rash (flat spots with slightly raised edges) and fever. Erythema marginatum red rash. What it may be telling you: You have rheumatic fever.
Weight scales are so smart these days they can be compatible with your cellphone with Bluetooth .The”RENPHO” App is easy to use, and can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store or Google Play and connect via Bluetooth 4.0 or above version., Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL with Android 8.1 are unable to connect to RENPHO app temporarily
Some of the more sophisticated scale can do a Smart Body Fat Analyzer uses Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) technology and monitors 13 important body compositions for tracking health–Body Weight, Body Fat,Body Water, Skeletal Muscle ,Muscle Mass,Bone Mass, Protein ,BMI,BMR, Metabolic Age.
Please note that this function of the App is not designed for children
You can also maintain a records and share your weight lose with your friends. Creating an unlimited number of accounts for relatives and friends ,the app can be recorded unlimited users data ,Syncs with Samsung Health, Fitbit App, Apple Health & Google Fit through our a provided app. You Sharing your body composition analyses via Twitter,Facebook, Instagram.
Make sure that your feet are touching the 4 silver electrode areas on the surface! It is also recommended for any scale that you place it on a hard area.
Soft floors like carpets can trick the sensors underneath and give an inaccurate reading! Lastly, please always ensure that Bluetooth is running before opening the App and stepping onto the scale.
Scales should be FDA CERTIFIED FOR SAFETY: and provide a Guarantee with FDA/CE/FCC approved.
Usually AAA batteries are needed.
Heart Rate Monitors
Features should include;
- BUILT-IN MEMORY: Perfect for sports and activities where a wrist unit would be difficult to use.
- FIRMWARE: Firmware updates that enhance the functionality.
- ENHANCED BATTERY LIFE: 400 hours of operation time on a user replaceable
- COMFORTABLE FIT: Revised strap design provides the comfort and security needed when exercising.
Other Testing Devices
Many test can be done at home to monitor your health and heart disease.
One of the ones is Ketone testing with LIveFIT;
- LIVEFIT Ketone Strips are the easiest way to measure ketosis when following the Bulletproof, Ketogenic, and Low-Carb Diets. Great for diabetes checking as well. For beginners, this should cover everything you need – there is no point in getting more complex blood strips so early on when you are still trying to understand the nuances of a ketogenic diet.
- LIVEFIT Ketone Strips are very simple to use – hold the sticks in your urine stream for a few seconds, and within 40 seconds you should notice a color change in the strip (if you are in ketosis). The color of the stick is measured in red: light pink being low in ketone production and dark purple being high in ketone production.
- LIVEFIT Ketone Strips measure the acetoacetate in your urine, which is an unused ketone by the body. As you get deeper into ketosis and your body adapts, your body will also become more optimized in ketone production.
Other testing devices and systems that you can buy for the home are;
- Blood sugar testing kits
- Blood Pressure monitoring device
- Blood and Alcohol Tests
Blood Pressure Meters
- Measurement method: wrist electronic blood pressure monitor, step-down measurement / oscillometric method
- Display screen: LCD liquid crystal digital display, the result shows high pressure / low pressure / pulse, large screen and large characters, and the reading is clear.
- Blood pressure classification: WHO sphygmomanometer classification indicates the health status of blood pressure, which is convenient for users to accurately determine whether blood pressure is normal.
- Intelligent pressurization: automatic pressurization and decompression, IHB arrhythmia detection
- Advantages: One-button measurement, heart rate monitoring, comfortable cuff, large screen, large characters, intelligent pressure, accurate measurement, small and exquisite, easy to carry.
The functions and specifications SHOULD include;
- ADVANCED ACCURACY: high blood pressure monitor home with comfort wide range upper arm cuff, provides you the most accurate readings by the newest BP monitoring technology. Fits most arm sizes 22-42cm.
- EXTRA LARGE & CLEAR DISPLAY: Large, bright back light screen display measurements in large digits and colored BP Level bar, super easy for you to read and compare blood pressure and heart rate.especially the old man,can easily use it at home,even in dark room.
- PREMIUM CARRYING CASE:our automatic blood pressure machine include ac adapter and neatly in a well made hard handy bag, portable and lightweight for your to use in either travel or at home
- EASY & QUICK OPERATION: one button push-to-start design, automatically measures your blood pressure quickly and quietly, two-user mode with 120 memory storage separately allows you and your family to track the readings with date & time stamp
- ABNORMAL ALERTS: BP level bar shows how your reading compares to normal blood pressure measurements; irregular heartbeat detector alerts you if an irregular heartbeat is detected
PLEASE ENSURE THEY HAVE BEEN FDA TESTED
Heart Rate Thumb Monitors.
- AND RELIABLE – Accurately determine your SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels), pulse rate and pulse strength in 10 seconds and display it conveniently on a large digital LED display.
- FULL SPO2 VALUE – The ONLY LED pulse oximeter that can read and display up to 100% for SpO2.
- SPORT/HEALTH ENTHUSIASTS – For sports enthusiasts like mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate. SpO2 and Pulse Rate now faces instead of away from the user for an easy read.
- ACCOMODATES WIDE RANGE OF FINGER SIZES – Finger chamber with SMART Spring System. Works for ages 12 and above.
- LOADED WITH ACCESSORIES – Include 2X AAA BATTERIES that will allow the pulse oximeter to be used right out of the box, a SILICON COVER to protect your pulse oximeter from dirt and physical damage and a LANYARD for convenience. Comes with 12 months WARRANTY and USA based technical phone support.