What is Nutritional Value with Blackmores?
On February the 6th 2020 the Financial Review reported;
We are seeing an increase in demand for immunity products and vitamins online across many of our Asian markets,” a Blackmore’s spokesman said. “In Australia, the decline in tourists from China has impacted sales”. Online trading remains strong.
It comes as new Blackmore’s chief executive Alastair Symington continues to make a raft of executive changes as he puts his stamp on the group. Blackmores’ director of portfolio strategy, Aaron Canning, who was replaced as a chief financial officer in December and shifted to the new role, is leaving the company. BKL – Blackmores – shares trading at $64.66 and will be affected by the decrease in the All Ord Index.
Background – What is Nutritional Value?
Blackmores was established by visionary naturopath Maurice Blackmore in 1932. It is a publicly listed company on the Australian stock exchange. It has stood the test of time.
The business has been a driving force in the wellbeing movement in Australia by advocating innovative products and information to help improve individuals’ lives each day. Proof based scope of brands incorporates Blackmores – (2019 Annual Report)
- BioCeuticals- Australia’s No 1 Brand.
- Impromy – A pharmacy based executives program created in joint effort with CSIRO.
- Fusion Health.
- Oriental Botanicals – Australia’s driving suppliers of Chinese natural medication.
- IsoWhey weight management system and products
- Pure Animal Wellbeing – regular wellbeing items for pets.
The Blackmores Institute is the research and development arm of Blackmores, built up with a dream to improve and advance the quality, utilization and characteristic of medication.
At the Blackmores Group they do not skimp on quality with vitamins online. The company continually sets its sights on the wellbeing and security of the customers at the heart of the daily business. The company benchmarks its product internationally to help stay as a leader in its field of expertise.
Knowing that you can’t have healthy individuals without a healthy planet, the company is unequivocally dedicated to applying environmentally acceptable policies and procedures.
The Blackmores Group head office is situated on Sydney’s Northern Beaches with a regional office in situated in Singapore.
The company’s Values are;
- Passion for Natural Health
- Social Responsibility
The companies four strategic priorities are;
- Consumer Connectedness
- Innovation & Expertise
- Global Advantage
- People & Performance
As at 31st October 2019, the company posted a profit of $55 Million, $610 Million in Revenue and produced 4.8 billion tablets and caplets from 142 different products for the 2018/2019 Tax period..
The company’s key achievements in the financial year ending 2019 are (Source: Blackmores Annual Report 2019);
- Blackmores is the #1 vitamin and supplement brand in Australia,Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.
- Blackmores voted most trusted vitamin and supplement brand in Australia (11 years running),
Malaysia (7 years running) and Singapore (5 years running).
- Compared to last year, 250,000 more people are buying Blackmores in Australia.
- ‘Begin Better Every Day’ regional consumer marketing campaign rolled out across Asia markets.
- FX Medicine Podcasts downloaded 1.6 million times in 133 countries, leading conversations
about the latest in evidence-based and functional medicine.
- 70,000 consumer and practitioner health enquiries responded to by our Advisory and
Technical Services teams.
- 29.5 million social connections with motivated, health conscious Australians to #BeAWellbeing.
- Artificial intelligence used to personalise send times for digital communications, so individuals receive
emails when they are most likely to open them.
- Key sporting events sponsored in Australia and Asia including the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival,
Fusion Health Byron Bay Lighthouse Run, Run for a Reason WA, and Run & Move Thailand.
- Pure Animal Well-being digital footprint strengthened with 280,000 new website visitors.
Research and Development
The company has an unfaltering duty to Research and Development. The Blackmores Institute is without competitors in the business. With an emphasis on research and training, the Institute’s group of scientists, academics, medicinal services experts and instructors offers commonsense, social commitment and training. This separates the company from its rivals. It allows the company to better connect with governments and academic establishments. What’s more, it fortifies the company as a pioneer for the wellbeing of every Australian.
In 2020 the company will commence the procurement of our its own manufacturing office in Braeside, Victoria. It will give the company more prominent command over its products and will essentially upgrade innovative work arrangements. It will likewise furnish us with more security over the manufacturing process.
The company was increasing China business through increased engagement with the cross border e-commerce platforms and establishing stronger connections with our customers in China. With the outbreak of the virus in 2020 I do believe the company will be rethinking its strategies towards customer focus.
The Chinese strategy was delivering higher margins than sales to customers through domestic Australian retailers. While some companies fear regulatory change both in Australia and abroad, Blackmores approach is to embrace it. Time will tell how this will continue in the near future.
Environmentally Friendly Company (As per Annual report 2019)
- The company completed a 2°C Scenario Workshop to inform its employees of a climate change risk assessment.
- Published ‘Sustainable Nutrition’, a Blackmores Institute scientific literature review to understand the impact of
climate change on what is nutritional value and natural medicine.
- Adopted a Clean Energy Strategy to increase the use of renewable energy and reduce the intensity of our
emissions by 20% by 2030.
- Implemented an Environmental Management System modeled on ISO 14001 standard to facilitate continuously
improvement in environmental management throughout our facilities and operations.
- 71% waste diverted from low-value landfill and recovered for recycling and reuse.
- Featured the Australasian Recycling Label on 16 products.
- Returned more than 18,000 Blackmore’s glass bottles in Thailand through the B For Earth initiative for recycling.
- Reused 5,000 bottles for hydroponic planting vessels for edible vegetables used in school education and donated the money raised through recycling to an orphanage supporting the nutrition and welfare of young girls.
- Commissioned a life-cycle assessment of Blackmores’ two most significant packaging formats to better understand the environmental footprint of our products.
What is Nutritional Value? – Conclusion
Vitamins online with Blackmores has stood the test of time and provide its customers with a commitment to wellness for every individual purchasing nits products. The company is a committed Australian company and gives back to the community by various initiatives and eco-friendly procedures. The companies commitment to long term R&D is commendable and shows its commitment to providing quality products.
The company is now moving onto a new era with the Corona Virus outbreak. Company announcements will be reported on this website.
On February the 6th 2020 the Financial Review reported;
We are seeing an increase in demand for immunity products across many of our Asian markets,” a Blackmore’s spokesman said. “In Australia, the decline in tourists from China has impacted sales”.
It comes as new Blackmores chief executive Alastair Symington continues to make a raft of executive changes as he puts his stamp on the group.
Blackmores’ director of portfolio strategy, Aaron Canning, who was replaced as chief financial officer in December and shifted to the new role, is leaving the company. An internal announcement on the exit was made a day ago.
BKL – Blackmores – shares trading at $64.66.